Matt Waldman’s RSP Scout Talk podcast with Russ Lande begins a series devoted to evaluation misses and lessons learned. This week’s episode on running backs offers a lot of players to choose from.
This episode of Scout Talk with Russ Lande is a fantastic conversation about the running backs who we didn’t evaluate well and what we learned from it:
- The Walter Payton Effect: The exception proving the rule that running backs have to have a certain amount of size and strength for every-down usage.
- After-Contact Skill: The value of attacking first versus the ability to absorb punishment.
- Alvin Kamara and Ball Security: How to deliver an accurate assessment that balances technical flaws and fumble rates.
- Trent Ricardson: Players who helped us learn the value of studying blocking schemes.
- Andre Williams: Players who helped us learn how the game has changed for the position.
- Jonathan Dwyer and the case of the quarterback being the eyes for the runner.
- Players who out-performed and underperformed to our expectations.
- How we addressed our mistakes and players we hit on as a result of these mistakes.
If you missed the last episode on wide receivers, it’s well worth a listen.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.