The pre-order period of Matt Waldman’s 2023 Rookie Scouting Portfolio — available for download April 1 — is now underway.
“Couldn’t offer this piece of work a higher endorsement. One of my favorite parts of the offseason.”
-Matt Harmon, Yahoo! Fantasy analyst, Reception Perception Creator
You’ve Been Waiting For This Day? Pre-Order Here…
For those of you who are ready to pre-order your 2023 RSP, click this link and it will take you to the sales page where you can buy your login and password for the April 1 and May downloads of the 2022 RSP Draft Package. For additional details about what’s in it, read below.
The pre-order discount period this year runs from Thursday, December 1st through Thursday, December 22nd. During this time the publication is available for $19.95.
For those of you perversely waiting for that period to end so you can give me more money (well…thank you), the regular low price of $21.95 is in effect on Friday, December 23rd.
Heading into its 18th season of publication, the RSP profiles at least 150 players at the offensive skill positions of QB, RB, WR, and TE. Here’s a running list of who will be included
Due to popular demand, I am also selling a complete Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projection Package that is separate from the RSP Draft Package for $24.95. If you already heard about it as a 2021-22 subscriber, you can pre-order it (no discount) at the same link above.
If this is the first time you heard about it, details are on this page.
Fantasy Players And Football People Love It
@MattWaldman love your breakdowns. Super great info and intelligent explanation of the evaluation process.”
–Will Hewlett, high school, college, and professional quarterback coach.
Fantasy players love the Post-Draft edition and I’m told every year that it’s worth the cost of what you pay for the entire RSP Draft Package.
But it’s the Pre-Draft publication that dynasty owners find useful for years. It’s not just about profiling the top prospects everyone knows, but giving you a leg up on underrated values — even near the top of the class –and with actionable advice for when to draft them.
Examples? RSP subscribers have reaped the benefits of exploiting the values of Chris Olave, Justin Jefferson, Dalvin Cook, A.J. Brown, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Nick Chubb, Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, Le’Veon Bell and many others over the span of 18 years.
The RSP’s unique evaluation process results in Matt taking a departure from the consensus views and often cautioning others on players who may be widely regarded but lack the foundational skills to deliver to expectation.
Ask those who have benefited from a reference guide with a shelf-life of 3-5 years that gives them late-round touts who can make a difference with their re-draft and dynasty waiver-wire selections. Isiah Pacheco.
Here are samples of the detail you’ll find from scouting reports in the RSP (You can find even more free samples, here):
Running Back Samples
- Nick Chubb
- Isiah Pacheco
- Jonathan Taylor
- Aaron Jones
- Boston Scott
- Christian McCaffrey
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire
- Andre Williams
- Knile Davis
Wide Receiver Samples
- A.J. Brown
- Chris Godwin
- Ja’Marr Chase
- Justin Jefferson
- Cooper Kupp
- Christian Watson
- D.J. Moore
- Robert Woods
- Richie James
Tight End Samples
What the RSP Evaluation Process Looks Like…
- The Grading Checklists And Evaluation Methods the RSP Uses
- The RSP’s After-Contact And Contact-Avoidance Analytics
What You Get with the RSP Draft Package
“Matt’s work is outstanding. There are very few in media whose opinion has any value at all and Matt stands head and shoulders above nearly every person covering the draft.”
– Russ Lande, Montreal Alouettes Director of College Scouting and former NFL Scout
There are a number of great additions to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio pre-draft and post-draft publications. There’s also a newsletter for subscribers that provides ranking updates three times a year.
What you get for the single price of $21.95:
- The 2023 RSP Pre-Draft publication — available for download April 1:
- Detailed player profiles of at least 150 skill position prospects for this class go much deeper than jargon and scout-speak.
- Position-specific rankings and cheat sheets that include position-within-position sub-roles.
- Running Backs
- Satellite Backs
- Wide Receivers
- Slot Receivers
- Big Receivers
- Tight Ends
- Move Tight Ends
- Rankings that include tier groupings.
- Overrated, underrated, and developmental projects.
- Chapters dedicated to each position and recent draft history.
- Grading sheets for each position.
- Glossary of defined criteria used to grade the players.
- The 2023 RSP Post-Draft publication — available one week after the 2022 NFL Draft
- Depth chart analysis and commentary.
- Team fit, including contract-related outlooks.
- Trade market analysis for fantasy leagues
- Rankings for fantasy rookie drafts.
- Tier groupings
- Draft selection data for dynasty leagues.
- Early ADP data.
- RSP ADP-to-Value Sweet-Spot Scores that help you maximize your draft value.
- Updated Combined Rankings for the 2021-2023 classes.
- By Position
- Overrated/Underrated players.
- UDFAs to watch.
- The RSP Newsletter — emailed to you monthly from June through December
- New: Updated combined rankings (2021-2023 classes) three times a year.
- New: Insights into my evaluation process as I work on the 2024 class.
- Analysis of camp news involving rookies and emerging options.
- Analysis of preseason action.
- Exclusive insights into college prospects
- Updated thoughts on player values short-term and long-term.
The RSP is a favorite among students of the game is its transparency of the process. If you had the time or inclination, you can literally use it as a starting point to scout players on your own. I’ve had football writers and Division I FBS college employees credit the RSP as a seminal resource for their career growth.
“Seriously, one of the best tools dynasty players have at their disposal. This is more than worth the price with this much effort Matt puts in!”
–Sam Lane, Fantasy writer for F3 Pod, IDP Guys, and FF Statistics and Data Analyst for Sports Saber
- The RSP publications are in .PDF format. Download Adobe Reader at no charge.
- Both publications contain bookmarks, making them easy to navigate.
- When you go to the purchase page, you’ll be asked to provide an email and create a password to purchase and later download the RSP publications. The email will also be used for the newsletter.
- Past publications are $9.95 each.
A portion of sales proceeds (over $55,000 since 2012) has been going to Darkness to Light — an organization devoted to training individuals and communities on how to prevent and properly address sexual abuse. This will continue in 2023.
Those who pre-order between December 1st through December 22nd, receive the 2023 RSP Draft Package for $19.95.
For those pre-ordering after the early-bird discount period or when the pre-draft publication drops on April 1, you’ll receive the package at the normal price of $21.95.
Click this link to pre-order the 2023 RSP now. You’ll be taken to the sales page to buy your login/password for the 2023 publication.
Take A Video Tour of Each Publication at the End of This Post
New to the RSP?
- Find out why it has a dedicated following.
- How the RSP gives back to the community.
- Take a video tour of a previous RSP Package.
- Here’s an FAQ.
- Past issues (2006-2022 are available for $9.95)
From December 23 through March 31, you can still reserve your login and get one of the most comprehensive analyses of skill position players available for $21.95.
Even at $21.95, it’s a steal.
Simple? Hopefully. If you need help, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can typically respond within 24 hours of your email.
What do the football, media, draftnik, and fantasy communities think of the RSP?
“@MattWaldman’s Rookie Scouting Portfolio is unique and important. A must-read every year.”
– Doug Farrar, USA Today and Author of The Genius of Desperation: The Schematic Innovations that Made the Modern NFL
“If you love the NFL Draft and fantasy football, this is a must-have. I still look at the 2016 version.”
– Charles McDonald, Yahoo!
Best pre-draft scouting report on every conceivable guy [at the skills positions] is by @MattWaldman. Very good read — mattwaldman.com.
–Chris Brown, author of Smart Football.com
“As a true fan of the RSP, I buy it full price but this is always the best football purchase made every year.”
-Betz (@alltwentytwo on Twitter)
“It’s that time of year. Worth every penny.”
– John Owning, Editor at Pro Football Focus
“This isn’t something you want, this is something you need. Matt does incredible work.”
– Jeff LJ Loyd, Host of the Locked on Browns Podcast
“This is immeasurably the most in-depth and intellectually based content on rookies you will find. I think it is greatly underpriced already and the additional content Matt will be providing this year with his monthly newsletter makes this the best value in the industry!!”
–Shaun Crandall (@WhiskyDog on Twitter)
“Buy this while it’s still criminally underpriced y’all. Worth at least $50.00”
“My fourth-year subscription, no hesitation. Is it April yet??? Can I get my copy now?!”
-Cheatham Hill (@Ch3athamHill_FC on Twitter)
“You won’t find a better resource. Matt Waldman delivers. Period. Cannot recommend more highly.”
-Bob Harris, Football Diehards editor, FSTA Hall of Famer, and Sirius XM Football Diehards co-host
“This far and away the best analysis of skill position players in the NFL Draft, every year. A bargain at twice the price.”
-Dan Lavoie, BuffaloRumblings.com
“If you want to learn more and grow your understanding of the game, check this out. Matt is #undefeated in his analysis.”
-@BigCatCountry, Jaguars analysis website.
“Easily the biggest yearly no-brainer purchase in fantasy sports.”
-Joe Holka, Fantasy Labs and 4for4 Football and creator of Rushing Expectation
“@Matt Waldman is one of my favorite draft analysts. You can, and should get his skill player draft guide . . .”
-Matt Miller, Bleacher Report.
“Best $20 you’ll ever spend if you like football and/or fantasy football. Invaluable insight/detail from @MattWaldman even if you already do your own film study/research.”
-@FFA_Meng via Twitter, Editor-in-Chief and Staff Writer for Dynasty Trade Calculator
“You should also know, that in fifteen years of playing fantasy football (I started in 1999 – Senior year of high school), I have never paid for fantasy football information. Not magazines. Not websites. Nothing. I read/listen to everything possible as I digest information and draw my own conclusions. I was apprehensive about ‘wasting’ twenty dollars. Thank you for the hours spent doing something you love. I appreciate it. Again, quality in-depth work. I would pay double the price. Easily. Get some sleep.”
– Josh Corbett
Purchased the RSP by @mattwaldman for the first time. Lots of “holy ___’s” were said in an empty house. Incredible work.
–Zack Henkle via Twitter
Video Tours of the RSP Publications
Pre-Draft (Available for download April 1)
Post-Draft (Available for download one week after the NFL Draft)