Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast welcomes Football Gameplan’s Gene Clemons to the show for a conversation about Cleveland’s Baker Mayfield, Alabama’s Irv Smith, Lehigh’s Brad Mayes, and a debate on the upside of Nick Chubb.
I’ve had the good fortune to have Gene Clemons as a semi-frequent guest for Rookie Scouting Portfolio programs. Gene and I studied Breshad Perriman, Trevone Boykin and Baker Mayfield in the three 2015 RSP Film Room sessions. And I recently joined Gene in July on his Offensive Interference Podcast.
This weekend, Gene and I discussed a variety of NFL and college football topics:
- What have we seen from Baker Mayfield during his initial starts in Cleveland and how does it compare to our analysis of his college game?
- What were the differences between Mayfield and Tyrod Taylor’s brief work as the starter?
- Why the Cardinals and Jets have sacrificed the potential for a better present in exchange for a rookie quarterback?
- Two of Gene’s favorite college prospects to watch: Alabama tight end Irv Smith and Lehigh quarterback Brad Mayes.
- The Nick Chubb Debate: Where Gene and I disagree on Chubb’s skills.
It’s a fun-filled hour of football conversation. You can follow Gene on Twitter @GeneClemons.
For the most in-depth analysis of skill players available, get the 2018 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP beginning in December.