Matt Waldman’s 2022 Rookie Scouting Portfolio (RSP) is ready for download.
Here’s the “tale of the tape for this fantasy-friendly draft guide:
- 158 Skill Prospects (QB, RB, WR, and TE) with in-depth, narrative profiles on 100 players!
- 1,014 pages of rookies analysis in this easy-to-navigate, bookmarked.PDF:
- Running Back After-Contact/Contact Avoidance Data
- Wide Receiver Target, Catch, and Contested-Catch Data
- Quarterback Accuracy Charting Data
- Accuracy Thresholds based on extensive NextGen Stats research
- Data for 16 quarterbacks
- Positional Rankings
- Depth of Talent
- Breadth of Talent
- 2020-2022 Combined Rookie Rankings (based on where I ranked them pre-draft each year)
- Specialized Rankings By Positional Sub-Roles
- Rankings With and Without Athletic and Skill-Based Bonuses
- In-depth Positional Write-Ups for 158 players
- Position-specific, Skill Breakdowns for all 158 players:
- Best in category
- Needs improvement
- Worst in category
- Easy Fixes
- Difficult fixes
- Position Superlatives
- Specific Positional Roles
- Checklists reports.
For $21.95 you also get the RSP Post-Draft within 1 week of the NFL Draft and a subscription to the June-December RSP Newsletter!
- The RSP Post-Draft
- Updated Rankings based on Fit
- Team Depth-Chart Analysis
- The RSP Draft Cheatsheet: ADP-based analysis to help you find the sweet-spot to draft RSP values
- Updated three-year rankings
- The RSP Newsletter (June Through December)
- Exclusive Training Camp Analysis for the 2022 Class
- Exclusive Sneak Previews of the 2023 Class
Writing two separate analyses allows me the luxury to weigh my rankings less on draft stock and more on talent. It means that the post-draft can deliver a greater focus on organizational fit, team depth chart analysis, the impact of free agency, and analysis of this rookie class’ short-term strategic value.
Once they see it, many of my first-time readers tell me they’d pay far more than $21.95 for the post-draft alone. However, they also come to me 2-3 years later to tell me that the Pre-Draft RSP holds its value for at least 3-5 years and they still use it often.
The RSP is bookmarked to access the bookmark in the .PDF see the photo below…
New to the RSP? Have you heard of it, but never took the plunge? Take a Tour of the 2022 Rookie Scouting Portfolio.
…and the post-draft version that will be available in May (no more than 1 week after the NFL Draft)
If you experience any difficulties with your download, please email me at email@example.com, and I should be back in touch with you within 24 hours of your first communication.
PS-If you’re like many of my new readers, you’ll ask yourself the same question they have: Why did I wait so long to buy this?
Been flipping through @MattWaldman’s 2016 RSP for most of the day. An absolute must-own for any draftnik. Very thorough, detailed work…Frankly, I”m made at myself for only starting this year.
-Nick Klopsis, Web Producer-NFL Draft Coverage, Newsday Sports
Best pre-draft scouting report on every conceivable guy [at the skills positions] is by @MattWaldman. Very good read — mattwaldman.com.
-Chris Brown, author of Smart Football.com, contributor at The Ringer.
Purchased the RSP by @mattwaldman for the first time. Lots of “holy ___’s” were said in an empty house. Incredible work.
-Zack Henkle via Twitter
You won’t find a better resource. Matt Waldman delivers. Period. Cannot recommend more highly.”
-Bob Harris, Football Diehards editor, FSTA Hall of Famer, and Sirius XM Football Diehards co-host
Really incredible work by @mattwaldman. Definitely get a copy at mattwaldman.com, great resource.
-Charles McDonald, co-host of Setting the Edge podcast and Football Outsiders columnist.
@MattWaldman’s Rookie Scouting Portfolio came out today. If you’re gonna spend for one football source, this is it.
-Matt Harmon, author of Reception Perception, NFL.com columnist and podcaster.
One response to “The 2022 RSP Pre-Draft/Post-Draft Is Ready for Download!”
Very detailed and thorough analysis. This is my first year purchasing and my second year in dynasty. I wasn’t planning on ever buying the RSP tbh, as I prefer to rely primarily on my own evaluations, but I thought about it and I felt it was the least I could do to support your work, since I do like to see how you, and a few select others feel about guys that I like. Which brings me to my greater point. Isaih Pacheco. I’ve been looking for a RB that reminded me of Tyreek coming out of OK State and Pacheco is the closest I’ve seen. Here’s hoping he’s just as impactful. Thanks for all your hard work and insight, cheers!!