Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast discusses why the 2022 NFL Wide Receiver prospect class is the most boom-bust group he’s seen in a while and covers what matters in his scouting of the position.
Reminder: If you haven’t already, please check out John Hodgins’ GoFundMe story. He and his wife tried to recover on their own from a violent crime that cost them their retirement home and have been living day-to-day for too long. Even sharing their GoFundMe can be helpful, so please visit, read his story, and donate. I have.
This week’s Pod:
- Why this class potentially a lot of hidden values and trap doors with examples for each below:
- Scheme-based talents
- Big enough to ride the Sunday rollecoaster?
- Great athletic ability but underdeveloped skills
- Underdeveloped athletic ability but great positional skills
- Some of the key areas I seek from receiver prospects:
- Separation: Variation, Violence, Precision, and Poker
- Athletic Separation: Speed vs. Acceleration vs. Quickness vs. Leaping Ability
- Routes: Stems, Setups, and Breaks
- Catching: Hands Position, Body Position, Focus
- Transitions and Vision.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2022 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, proceeds from sales are set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:24:34 — 154.9MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS