Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast discusses his tiers for the 2022 NFL Draft Running Back prospects — a class with a lot of high-ceiling backs — and covers what matters in is scouting of the position.
Reminder: If you haven’t already, please check out John Hodgins’ GoFundMe story. He and his wife tried to recover on their own from a violent crime that cost them their retirement home and have been living day-to-day for too long. Even sharing their GoFundMe can be helpful, so please visit, read his story, and donate. I have.
This week’s Pod:
- Why the state of the NFL running back and this class generates an odd situation.
- Why this class could be as good as as the Barkley-Chubb or McCaffrey-Fournette classes but has a trap-door floor.
- Defining and explaining the details of vision, mobility, acceleration vs. speed, and contact balance.
- Notable positives and flaws from Tier I.
- The difficult evals, boom-bust athletes, and sneaky technicians from a large Tier II.
- The fit-based backs of Tier III: A natural, a bulldozer with sweet feet, and a do-it-all back who just might not do any of it well enough.
- Two Tier III options might be late bloomers.
- Players I didn’t like as much as the billing I’ve seen on them.
- Players who have something to their games that might help them surprise as contributors or quality reserves.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2022 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, proceeds from sales are set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:14:59 — 137.3MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS