PFF’s Dwain McFarland joins Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast for a reprise of the Film and Data show. This week, they examine several teams and players from the NFL’s openers.
Dwain McFarland and I get a lot of great feedback when we do shows together, which is fantastic when you consider that we can spend 40-60 minutes alone on one team. Listeners enjoy they way we try to match the film and the data and if we can’t, we discuss the range of potential outcomes due to the differences.
This week, Dwain and I cover a variety of topics and discover some telling matches between the film and data as we get into the conversation. These observations that happen as we go might be our favorite part of doing this pod. Here’s what we covered this week:
- The contrast in film and data around the Detroit Lions ground game: Swift or Williams? Or, is it “both?”
- The film and data agree that Quintez Cephus is a compelling receiver worth monitoring, if not adding, to your deeper fantasy leagues.
- How Matt’s eyes identified a significant difference in run game efficiency and the decline of specific plays that could significant hurt Lamar Jackson’s season.
- Why Seattle’s passing offense is what Dwain throught it would be and why Chris Carson should be valued above Antonio Gibson and Jonathan Taylor in fantays football.
- The likely ascension of Christian Kirk.
- Julio Jones may have already fallen off the career cliff.
Hopefully we’ll get a few more of these episodes recorded during the season. It’s one of our favorite podcasts.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.