PFF analyst and RSP alum Dwain McFarland returns to the RSP Cast for a Film And Data conversation with Matt Waldman about NFL teams had significant offseason changes.
It’s always fun to talk football with Dwain. Our views often complement each other, filling in gaps with our analysis. And when they don’t, the divergent views are not only helpful with our individual analysis but provides thought-provoking conversation for listeners.
This weekend, Dwain and and sat down for a two-hour film and data conversation about several NFL teams that experienced significant changes during the offseason. We shared some of our projections of key players on those teams as well.
We led off with a team that had some underrated changes in terms of health despite really only one key addition to the offense: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Here’s some of what we discussed:
- Why we’re both all-in on Tom Brady, Mike Evans, and the Buccaneers passing offense approaching records in 2021.
- Our thoughts on Matthew Stafford’s ceiling and why DeSean Jackson is a massive factor for Staffords’ ceiling and floor.
- Figuring out Darrell Henderson.
- Tyler Higbee disappointed last year but why the thought that Higbee’s 2020 campaign is evidence that his ceiling is capped is misleading.
- Why Jared Cook is not only “free money” in re-draft leagues but his commentary to the media has told us a lot about the Chargers offense.
- Why both of us have Justin Herbert as a healthy QB1 but the film and data gives Herbert a lower floor than people are discussing.
- What could make Russell Wilson more efficient in Seattle and why Dwain and Matt differ on Chris Carson in 2021.
We’ll likely do another show before the season with conversation about Tennessee, Atlanta, and a few other offenses.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.