Matt Waldman joins Pat Fitzmaurice for a conversation about the 2021 NFL Draft, including why Mac Jones is getting dumped upon unnecessarily.
I’ve been reading Pat Fitzmaurice’s work since I began playing fantasy football and Fitzmaurice was writing for Pro Football Weekly. It’s one of the reasons I was so excited to see him join the staff of Footballguys this winter.
It was great to finally get a chance to meet him this week while we had a conversation about the NFL Draft. Here’s a brief summary of what we discussed–and we went into a lot more depth:
- We go in-depth on the top quarterbacks, including where I stand on Mac Jones to the 49ers, Zach Wilson, and Justin Field’s accuracy.
- The reactions I get to my view of Trey Sermon’s talent and why I’m high on Sermon’s skills.
- What I think of Khalil Herbert and Kylin Hill.
- What it was like to give up my day job to work on the RSP full-time. How did I plan this?
- Why I think this class of receivers is the most talented I’ve seen.
- My updated comparison for Rashod Bateman.
- My elevator pitch for Kadarius Toney.
- Thoughts on Frank Darby and Josh Palmer.
- My thoughts on Kyle Pitts.
I look forward to working with Pat and I hope this is the first of more shows that we do.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.