Matt Waldman joined Scott Boulanger (@JaxFalcone on Twitter) of the Undrafted Podcast for an extended conversation about the Rookie Scouting Portfolio, film and analytics, and the 2021 NFL Draft.
This was my first Undrafted podcast and I know it won’t be my last. Scott and I had a fun and informative conversation Wednesday night (not safe for work or younger children) that included the following topics:
- The differences in approach and intent between the RSP pre-draft and post-draft publications.
- Evaluation process.
- Ranking real football versus fantasy football.
- Why the RSP is an analytical tool.
- How I incorporate athletic metrics into the RSP process.
- Where Javonte Williams fits within my tiers of recent running back classes.
- Where do I get off with ranking Trey Sermon as my top pre-draft running back?
- What do I think of Louisiana runner Elijah Williams and UNC’s Michael Carter?
- My thoughts on JaQuan Hardy, especially after his pro day.
- Why Dalvin Cook’s pre-draft analysis is a case history for analytics requiring some craft with its application?
- Is Devonta Smith too small for the NFL and/or fantasy production?
- Was Tamorrion Terry a difficult evaluation due to his quarterback play?
- Is Tylan Wallace a Jack-of-All-Trades, but a mater of none?
- Thoughts on Warren Jackson and Nico Collins as potential sleepers.
- Why we disagree on Kadarius Toney but we both offer compelling perspectives about the young receiver.
- Thoughts on Kyle Pitts, Mac Jones, and Zach Wilson.
Click here for two hours of listening pleasure. Be sure to follow @JaxFalcone on Twitter.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.