Matt Waldman’s RSP Scout Talk hosts former Rookie Scouting Portfolio contributor, J. Moyer of FFAstronauts for a great conversation about the running back class for the 2021 NFL Draft.
It’s always fun to reunite with colleagues that I have worked with in the past. And if I had to pick one current draftnik/analyst I enjoy hearing their thoughts on running backs, it’s J. Moyer. Now, a part of the FFAstronauts team, J and his crew are working on their own scouting guide that will be a worthwhile read.
Moyer and I took an hour to talk about this year’s running back class:
- Why is the efficiency of movement important for running backs?
- Who are the efficient runners in this class?
- Who is the back that J sees as a Kamara-like runner?
- How do we determine a runner’s speed and acceleration from film study?
- Where we’re similar but different on Rhamondre Stevenson?
- Why we’re similarly not sold on Chuba Hubbard
- What J appreciates about Trey Sermon.
- What we like about Najee Harris and Kenneth Gainwell and where we differ.
We cover several more prospects in an episode that I know many of you have been looking forward to us doing. We could have gone another hour and perhaps post-draft, we will.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.