Trench Warfare writer Brandon Thorn returns to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast for a conversation about the relationships between offensive lines and skill players, scouting tips for evaluating offensive linemen, and underrated trench players on both sides of the ball.
Brandon has become a highly respected voice in the football world. His understanding of technique, scheme and assignment is next level. His will to study, scout and analyze has made of one of the most credible and reliable sources in our game today!”
– Terron Armstead, New Orleans Saints All-Pro left tackle
Brandon Thorn, an old friend of the show, returns for some enlightening discussion about the trenches:
- Brandon’s Trench Warfare newsletter and his participation as a scout for OL Masterminds, recently featured by NFL Films.
- What type of defenders are best at attacking specific run schemes?
- How must a running back and his offensive line develop their relationship to enhance the ground game?
- What are the common type of pockets in the NFL and some of the quarterbacks that prefer those types?
- What are pitfalls to avoid when scouting offensive linemen in the college game?
- Which NFL running backs make their offensive lines look good?
- Brandon shares thoughts on some of his underrated trench players from both sides of the ball, including why Carl Lawson is considered one of the scariest pass rushers in the NFL.
We’ll hopefully have Brandon on the show once again for some draft talk later in the winter. But if you’re seeking a primer on the relationship between linemen and players that handle the ball, this is a good start.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.