Rookie Scouting Portfolio writers Mark Schofield and Matt Waldman discuss the NFL, college prospect evaluation, the football writing industry, and non-football topics in this 90-minute, holiday episode of the Quick Game.
This week’s RSP cast covers a lot of football and non-football territory.
- Which NFL player has demonstrated significant improvement this year?
- Do backups of a certain style/skill level have an inherent advantage against NFL defenses?
- How Matt learned he’s married to Bernie Mac and Mark married Monica from Friends.
- The most dangerous AFC/NFC teams to the current playoff frontrunners.
- Is there a tight end who could challenge the Travis Kelce/George Kittle tier of all-around talents at the position?
- Which college player have you studied who fascinates you?
- Share a bucket list item you might be too afraid to try.
- The QB whose job could be in jeopardy in 2021.
- Industry pitfalls to navigate in terms of stolen work, poaching writers, and contract details.
- Mark and Matt share an issue with the game of a prospect they’ve recently studied.
- Movie, TV, book, music, and video game recommendations–why, one day, Mark will wake up in a dentist’s chair with a cable in his hard-drive wired brain and matter-of-factly state: “I know the Walsh West Coast Offense helmed by Montana. Give me a ball.”
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2021 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
Matt’s new RSP Dynasty Rankings and Two-Year Projections Package is available for $24.95
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2020 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:38:02 — 179.5MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS