Mark Schofield and Matt Waldman discuss how quarterback evaluation has changed with the NFL game, the Eagles quarterbacks, potential free agent landing spots in 2020, advice for new media participants at the Senior Bowl, and Mark’s college stats in this week’s RSP Quick Game podcast.
Mark Schofield and I reconvene for a Week 14 Quick Game filled with juicy topics.
- The quarterback of the past two rookie classes who has impressed Mark and Matt the most?
- What has Mark learned about quarterback evaluation based on Carson Wentz’s career thus far?
- Why does Matt think there could be pressure on the Eagles front office to start Jalen Hurts and move on from Wentz even if there’s a good reason that Hurts and Wentz are six of one and a half-dozen of the other?
- Why is Kenny Golladay a bad fit for the Giants despite the New York media floating this idea?
- Who are good fits for the Giants receiving corps?
- What do Mark and Matt think of Andy Dalton, Jacoby Brissett, and Mitchell Trubisky as free agent options? Why could Brissett and Trubisky fit in New England?
- Has Damien Harris solidified his future as a lead back in New England?
- Why are Mark and Matt arriving at the conclusion that quarterbacks are for the most part what they are as collegiate prospects and expecting them to get “coached up,” is unrealistic?
- What if Patrick Mahomes and Sam Darnold had traded teams on draft day?
- Why do Matt and Mark value the Senior Bowl as an event but not necessarily as an evaluation exercise?
- Advice for newly credentialed media attending the Senior Bowl.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.