Matt Waldman’s post-Week 1 RSP Cast is a dozen half-filtered thoughts on a variety of NFL, college, and evaluation topics that have fantasy relevancy for the 2020 NFL season. Buckle up.
I’m calling this podcast the Half-Filtered Dozen because it’s a dozen subjects where I give you my point of view but only with a minor amount of cussing and vulgarity that I’d probably deliver if it were unfiltered. While not safe for young kids or those of you with religious stances that shelter your children from the evils of the world, most of you will enjoy it.
- The underlying question I use as the framework for my evaluation practices and the subjects discussed in this pod.
- Why Clyde Edwards-Helaire failed in the green zone, why it was his fault, and why it could keep him out of the elite tier of 2020 running back producers if he doesn’t address it.
- Thoughts on the Nick Chubb-Kareem Hunt duo and workload ahead.
- Why the metrics world got Baker Mayfield wrong and why process management of data collecting as the root issue for the inaccurate view of his college accuracy.
- Why the Raiders’ early selection and position designation of Lynn Bowden was a failure from the beginning.
- Josh Jacobs and Jonathan Taylor’s promise linked to the receiving game.
- Hakeem Butler getting cut, its impact on my process, and why draft capital is not a predictor of talent but still a useful tool for gamblers and fantasy players but something I will never embrace as a scout.
- Mike Thomas’ potential in Cincinnati.
- Adrian Peterson seeing the field as a Hall of Fame Rulebreaker of running back theory.
- Early thoughts on KU RB Pooka Williams and UNC RB Michael Carter.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.