Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast continues its summer NFL Projection Series with PFF Fantasy analyst Dwain McFarland. In this episode, they perform an in-depth look into the Kansas City Chiefs rookie running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire and the rest of the depth chart.
Rookie Scouting Portfolio author Matt Waldman pairs up with Pro Football Focus fantasy analyst and high stakes competitor Dwain McFarland for their second year of projecting the NFL’s offenses. In this episode, Matt and Dwain debate Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s value as a rookie.
- The similarities and differences with Edwards-Helaire, Kareem Hunt, and Jamaal Charles.
- Andy Reid’s history with running backs and running back depth charts.
- The red-zone and the passing game: where much of the fantasy community is getting it wrong about Edwards-Helaire’s production potential.
- Where Dwain and Matt’s projections for Edwards-Helaire are almost the same; where they differ significantly.
- Factors that could make Dwain’s and Matt’s projections accurate.
We split the Chiefs’ segment of the podcast into two parts, so if you want to listen to us discuss Patrick Mahomes, his receiving corps, and tight ends, you can find it here.
For additional insights from the rest of the series, subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast on iTunes, Google Play, PodBean, Spotify, or your favorite podcast platform. I have posted this on the RSP Cast platform as well. You can also enjoy it on YouTube.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.