Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast continues its summer NFL Projection Series with PFF Fantasy analyst Dwain McFarland. In this episode, they perform an in-depth look into the Pittsburgh Steelers and why they agree 2018 is the barometer for 2020.
Rookie Scouting Portfolio author Matt Waldman pairs up with Pro Football Focus fantasy analyst and high stakes competitor Dwain McFarland for their second year of projecting the NFL’s offenses. In this episode, Matt and Dwain compare their projections (and the process behind the work), analytic, and film observations of the Pittsburgh Steelers offense.
- Why the Pittsburgh Steelers mean what they say about James Conner as the feature back.
- Why JuJu Smith-Schuster is a better bargain than last year and why Matt is back on board.
- Dwain’s analysis of Diontae Johnson and the promise his game holds.
- The Jekyll-and-Hyde game of James Washington.
- Why Matt is reminded of a German exhortation for “much faster” when he watches Benny Snell?
- Sorting out the Steelers backfield and the overthinking that many have undertaken with it.
For additional insights from the rest of the series, subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast on iTunes, Google Play, PodBean, Spotify, or your favorite podcast platform. I have posted this on the RSP Cast platform as well. You can also enjoy it on YouTube.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.