Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast continues its summer NFL Projection Series with PFF Fantasy analyst Dwain McFarland. In this episode, they perform an in-depth look into the Cincinnati Bengals and why they agree Joe Mixon is earning too much love.
Rookie Scouting Portfolio author Matt Waldman pairs up with Pro Football Focus fantasy analyst and high stakes competitor Dwain McFarland for their second year of projecting the NFL’s offenses. In this episode, Matt and Dwain compare their projections (and the process behind the work), analytic, and film observations of the Pittsburgh Steelers offense.
- Why the love for Joe Mixon in 2020 is predicated on skewed data from the second half of 2019.
- Matt’s concerns about Joe Burrow short-term that could exacerbate challenges for Mixon in 2020.
- Will the Bengals have a Justin Jefferson option in this passing game and who is it?
- Why Giovani Bernard is yet another factor who will limit Mixon’s ceiling.
- Two running backs on the depth chart you should know about not named Mixon or Bernard.
- How the Sean McVay-influenced offense creates a four-headed receiver situation.
For additional insights from the rest of the series, subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast on iTunes, Google Play, PodBean, Spotify, or your favorite podcast platform. I have posted this on the RSP Cast platform as well. You can also enjoy it on YouTube.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.