RSP contributor Dwain McFarland joins the RSP Cast to kick off our team-by-team NFL projection series for the 2020 season with an in-depth examination of the New England Patriots and New York Jets.
Note: If you tried listening before and the volume was too low, I fixed that.
Dwain McFarland (@dwainmcfarland) and I begin our excellent conversations about how to project offenses with a look at the Patriots’ and Jets’ offenses:
- How much does the run-to-pass ratio change with Cam Newton at the helm compared to Jarrett Stidham?
- How will the run game benefit from Cam Newton’s addition?
- Why the Patriots still have a problem with role homogeneity on its receiving corps?
- Which New England runner could get cut and who could benefit greatly on this depth chart?
- Which Patriots receiver gets cut early and who could surprise?
- Why Le’Veon Bell’s 2019 production is deceptively better than most understand?
- Did Sam Darnold improve last year and will that continue in 2020?
- Is there room for Breshad Perriman and Denzel Mims to perform at well in the Jets offense?
- The scheme where Darnold would benefit most for his overall development if it doesn’t work out in New York.
As mentioned in previous podcasts, I highly recommend reading McFarland’s new piece at the RSP site on How to Project NFL Offenses. If you’re a fantasy player, NFL beat writer, or football analyst, you should consider learning to do your own projections and Dwain has over 20 years of experience as well as success in high stakes fantasy leagues.
Even if you don’t have time to do projections and want pointers on how to select others, this article is a great resource.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), download the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:36:56 — 132.5MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS