RSP writer Matt Waldman and College Draft host Ross Tucker discuss the usefulness of the NFL Combine as a scouting tool, including how Matt applies workout metrics, how his views have changed about interview questions, and how much the event can alter a player’s draft stock.
With the NFL Combine days away, Ross and I discussed the application of the NFL Combine for NFL teams and independent scouts.
- How much can the NFL Combine alter the grade of a prospect and why does it vary by the organization?
- Which workouts does Matt value for specific offensive skill-players?
- How can one workout metric compensate for another?
- Why is it important to have a clear evaluation process before applying workout data?
- Why has Matt’s opinion changed about the controversial questions that teams sometimes ask prospects that we see leaked every year?
Next week, we’ll discuss specific players participating in the event. Listen to this episode here.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), pre-order the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.