Hosts Matt Waldman and Mark Schofield broach the kookiness of NFL Draft Season, Draft Twitter, red herrings of pre-draft analysis, pitfalls of analysis videos, and the good and bad of Draft Capital in this episode of the RSP Cast.
Here’s what Mark and I discussed in this week’s RSP Cast:
- Who are these characters (besides us) offering analysis on Twitter about the NFL Draft?
- What types of analysis do you celebrate or ignore from this cast of analysts?
- Why does football analysis have different silos of thinking?
- Why is “literary thinking” an important part of evaluating football talent?
- What red herrings raise and lower draft stock during this time of year that we should approach with greater skepticism?
- Matt outlines his running back rankings pre-combine as a way to explain why the score matters more than the ranking and that periodic rankings create more questions than answers.
- What plays in video analysis can unintentionally overhype quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends?
- Is draft capital a worthwhile analysis point?
Mark and Matt cover these topics as well as their individual love for chopped liver (Matt) and blood pudding (Mark).
Check out the draft talk and stay for food conversation.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), pre-order the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best yet, a percentage of each sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.