On this week’s RSP Cast, Mark Schofield and Matt Waldman share their thoughts on Senior Bowl quarterbacks Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, and Jalen Hurts as they head to Mobile, Alabama for a week of practice.
Mark Schofield and I love studying quarterbacks. In this RSP cast, we go deep into the games of three of the most intriguing 2020 quarterback prospects who will be in Mobile, Alabama for the Reese’s Senior Bowl.
- Why Justin Herbert’s game elicits conversation about the all-or-nothing attitude that’s pervasive with quarterback evaluation among the league, media, and fans.
- Where Herbert’s game has elite traits and could serve him well as a future starter.
- What’s the specific tell with Herbert’s release that indicates confusion about what he’s seeing downfield?
- A telling stat from Matt’s charting of Jalen Hurts that counters the idea that he’s solely a running quarterback with a playground mentality for a passer.
- Why Mark and Matt believe Hurts has developmental potential as a starter.
- How Hurts’ legs will be over-emphasized in the media and linking him to Lamar Jackson is an egregious simplification of two players who are nowhere near alike.
- Why Mark believes Jordan Love is worth a first-round grade.
- What about Love’s behavior scares Matt but could be a phase that Love grows out of.
- Teams that would be a good fit for Love if he could sit for a year.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), pre-order the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for $21.95 available for download April 1.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best, yet, a percentage of every sale is set aside for a year-end donation to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:06 — 42.2MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS