Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast continues its 2019 Team Projection Series with Dwain McFarland with a deep dive into the individual and team performance of the Chicago Bears offense.
Dwain McFarland and I continue our excellent conversations about how to project offenses with a look at the Falcons offense:
- Mitchell Trubisky’s data is promising when healthy, but there’s a point of divergence between good data and top-flight quarterbacking that still needs to be addressed.
- David Montgomery’s play and development could be the linchpin for this offense and ultimately be a difference-maker for Trubisky’s development.
- Why projecting Montgomery and Mike Davis is a challenge.
- How Matt Nagy’s tendencies and scheme creates an even distribution for skill players relative to the rest of the league.
- Will we get more from Tarik Cohen in the vertical passing game?
As mentioned in previous podcasts, I highly recommend reading McFarland’s new piece at the RSP site on How to Project NFL Offenses. If you’re a fantasy player, NFL beat writer, or football analyst, you should consider learning to do your own projections and Dwain has 20 years experience as well as success in high stakes fantasy leagues.
Even if you don’t have time to do projections and want pointers on how to select others, this article is a great resource. If you’re an RSP subscriber, you can also stay tuned for future RSP Newsletters where Dwain will be providing snapshots of individual player projections from his league-wide process. Follow Dwain on Twitter @dwainmcfarland and Matt @mattwaldman
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), get the 2019 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP now (available for download April 1).
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:10 — 54.2MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS