Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast continues its 2019 Team Projection Series with Dwain McFarland with a deep dive into the individual and team performance of the San Francisco 49ers offense.
Dwain McFarland returns to the show for an excellent conversation about how to project offenses and a look at the 49ers offense:
- Why is the word ‘Joker’ descriptive for both the optimistic and pessimistic outlooks for this offense?
- How Kyle Shanahan’s offensive philosophy has shaped the personnel acquisitions of this team?
- We’re optimistic about Jimmy Garoppolo, but what are some potential dark corners to know about?
- Why is Dante Pettis so promising?
- How will Deebo Samuel and Marquise Goodwin’s roles be defined?
- Can George Kittle sustain much of his 2018 production?
- How should we make sense of this running back stable?
As mentioned in previous podcasts, I highly recommend reading McFarland’s new piece at the RSP site on How to Project NFL Offenses. If you’re a fantasy player, NFL beat writer, or football analyst, you should consider learning to do your own projections and Dwain has 20 years experience as well as success in high stakes fantasy leagues.
Even if you don’t have time to do projections and want pointers on how to select others, this article is a great resource. If you’re an RSP subscriber, you can also stay tuned for future RSP Newsletters where Dwain will be providing snapshots of individual player projections from his league-wide process.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), get the 2019 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP now (available for download April 1).