RSP analyst Dwain McFarland returns to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast for another in-depth discussion on individual and team offense projections for the 2019 NFL season.
For the past two weeks, RSP Film and Data contributor Dwain McFarland and I had great conversations about player and team projections for the Titans, Buccaneers, Texans, Ravens, Cardinals, and Bengals offenses. This week, we continue an ongoing podcast series with the Eagles and Chiefs.
This is far from a data-only discussion. We discuss the context of player movement, player style, scheme design, injuries, coaching changes, and usage histories. We spend roughly 25 minutes on each team:
- DeSean Jackson’s potential impact on the Eagles offense.
- Miles Sanders is a “prove-it” player, meaning he’s earned too much buzz despite a glaring hole in his game.
- Doug Pederson deserves credit for creating an excellent offense with pieces that wouldn’t be as strong in other schemes.
- The underappreciated Jordan Howard as a big-play running back.
- Carson Wentz is a good quarterback who has always sucked as a deep thrower, but it won’t hurt the offense.
- Projecting the Chiefs offense with and without Tyreek Hill.
- Is Mecole Hardman “Tyreek Hill-Lite” or “De’Anthony Thomas-Plus” in 2019?
- The second-year Chiefs receiver with serious breakout potential.
- Making sense of the backfield: Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde, and Darwin Thompson.
- Andy Reid’s system-friendly approach for running back targets.
- Reid’s trust in Mahomes could lead to a smaller regression than the public anticipates despite the personnel question marks.
This is an info-packed podcast with both of us sharing projections for individual players and on-field reasons to support our thoughts. We’ll continue next week
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), get the 2019 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP now (available for download April 1).