In this RSP Cast, Matt Waldman reveals five players who he values more than he did when he began his evaluation of them.
This podcast has a deceptive title because these players haven’t gotten dramatically better over the course of subsequent evaluations of their games compared to my first exposures to them. This title has more to do with my process for the Rookie Scouting Portfolio.
I this episode, I discuss the frequency, schedule, and plan behind my process for studying a player. Then I share the five players who, based on my evaluation schedule have solidified their standing as valuable prospects:
- A big, light-footed running back besieged by injuries in 2018.
- A running back I thought was a gap-style thumper but has much greater versatility and the cavalcade of stars he’s competed with has overshadowed his potential value.
- A small receiver a versatile history of production who might have the physicality to transcend the slot.
- A big receiver who is more than a rebounder.
- A dynamic, big-play runner whose sophomore years more impressive highs than his junior year.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), get the 2019 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP now through December 28 and get a 10 percent discount.