Footballdiehards.com’s Bob Harris joins Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast for a conversation about the capacity for change and growth with football players and how we apply that to player evaluation on and off the field.
Players don’t change.
That’s what my friend Eric Stoner explains whenever he’s asked about evaluating prospects. I get his point but I never agreed with it.
In this RSP Cast episode, Bob Harris (Footballdiehards.com) and I discuss why people can change and apply it to football:
- The things people and football players can and cannot change.
- The people, environment, and resources people need to make changes.
- When it is and isn’t worth expecting a player to change.
- Dynamics contributing to off-field problems with prospects.
- Why some teams are more successful than others with “problem players.”
- Is the issue the player failing the team or the team failing in assessing its capacity to develop players with specific on- or off-field behaviors?
This is an hour-long conversation that applies to player evaluation, team development, and managing personnel. Follow Bob on Twitter @footballdiehard
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), get the 2019 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP now through December 28 and get a 10 percent discount.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:01:39 — 56.4MB)
Subscribe to Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
One response to “Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast Ep.38: Do Players Change? With Bob Harris”
[…] Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast: Do Players Change? Thoughts on Growth on and off the Field w/Bob Harr… […]