Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast welcomes NFL.com’s Chad Reuter to the show for a conversation about media and NFL scouting, 2019 NFL Draft prospects, and the 2018 NFL season.
Chad Reuter is one of my favorites in this industry. A 20-year veteran in this industry, he’s one of the early figures in online draft media. He’s worked with Frank Cooney and was the lead draft analyst for CBS sports with Rob Rang. He’s now a researcher for NFL Network.
Chad and I sat down to talk about a variety of subjects in this hour-long conversation:
- Advice to aspiring media and NFL scouts and why the world does not need another mock draft site.
- Understanding that the workload of being a media or NFL scout is a different animal than a 9-5 and balancing the rest of one’s life.
- Why the backgrounds of players really hit home now that he’s parent.
- How his view of player backgrounds influences who he follows in this industry.
- Why Chad enjoys studying “the true skill positions” the most and who he’s studied this summer that caught his eye.
- C Lamont Gaillard
- G Chris Lindstrom
- G Sam Mustiphor
- DL Jerry Tillery
- DE Keandre Jones
- LB Bobby Okereke
- QB K.J. Costello
- WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
- TE Kaden Smith
- DE Oshane Ximines
- WR Jonathan Duhart
- Why Ed Oliver and Nick Bosa belong on another planet when discussing 2019 NFL Draft prospects.
- Underclassmen Chad says are showing well this year.
- WR Tee Higgins
- LT Andrew Thomas
- RB Kylin Hill
- WR/RB Laviska Shenault
- Sharing thoughts on Colorado State receiver Preston Williams and why he’s like John Wick in a fight scene.
- Chad’s thoughts on various NFL quarterbacks.
In the early days of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio site, Chad graciously agreed to be a part of a Q&A that’s still available on this site in four parts:
For college, NFL, and NFL draft analysis subscribe to the RSP site and receive notifications of the latest post via email. Scroll to the bottom of this page and simply enter your email address.