Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast catches up with Rotoworld NFL Draft analyst and podcast host Josh Norris for a discussion about the value of post-draft press conferences.
- Why it was accidentally fitting that I referred to Josh as “Dan Morgan,” at the beginning of the show.
- Patterns Josh has discovered that give readers a better sense of how coaches and teams view their draft.
- Are there underlying red flags or positive markers that press conferences reveal?
- Josh’s list of players to whom we should be paying close attention based on these press conferences including…
- Antonio Callaway and why the Browns have the right coach for him and the willingness to put in the time.
- Justin Watson and the mission Tampa’s GM had to get him.
- Chase Edmonds earning a big-time pre-draft player comp that Steve Keim.
- James Washington, the next quality receiver in a long line of successful Steeler receiver picks.
- Jaylen Samuels is a better replacement for LeVeon Bell right now than James Conner.
- How much value can we place on a position coach liking a player?
A special thanks to those of you who’ve rated and reviewed the RSP cast as well as sent me feedback in other forms. During the next few weeks stay tuned for conversations with the Scouting Academy’s Dan Hatman, more from Doug Farrar and his soon to be released publication, The Genius of Desperation, and a session on player movement with “The Footwork King” Rischad Whitfield — whose clients have included Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Xavien Howard, Ed Oliver, and dozens more top NFL and college talent.
For analysis of skill players, get the 2018 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each.