Mark Schofield brings his analysis talents to Matt Waldman’s Rookie Scouting Portfolio site. Learn the details. (Photo credit: Inside the Pylon.)
For the eight years that I’ve run a site, most of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio’s content has been from my point of view. Yet, there’s been a significant roster of guests sharing their expertise in the RSP Film Room. I have also hosted my share of writers at this site:
- Eric Stoner spent several months here writing about offensive linemen, quarterbacks, linebackers, and running backs.
- Bolts From the Blue contributor Kyle Posey wanted to write about Tyrod Taylor, and I was happy to give him an outlet to do so.
- Nick Whalen cut his teeth here in 2013, writing about the elusiveness of Cordarrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, and Robert Woods.
- Nathan Miller told readers ‘not so fast’ at the zenith of Robert Griffin’s career.
- Former West Virginia defensive back, David Igono continues delivering analysis of late-round quarterback prospects.
- Former GM Junior Draft analyst Scott Bischoff presented an excellent debate on Shaq Lawson in 2016.
- Jene Bramel contributes his observations during Senior Bowl practices.
Whether it was one inspired piece or a series of work, I like that the RSP has been a place for football writers to share content that might not fit their current gigs or a place that helped them showcase their chops.
While Mark advertised his desire for more work, he’s in demand. Many of you know him for his work at Inside The Pylon, The Locked on Patriots Podcast, and Pro Football Weekly. You’re probably familiar with him from the RSP Film Room and the new RSP Cast where we’ve broken down the likes of Carson Wentz, DeShaun Watson, Jared Goff, and Patrick Mahomes.
Like a quarterback and a wide receiver with a natural rapport, we enjoy working together — and judging by your patronage of our efforts, you feel the same. So it was an easy decision to offer Mark an opportunity to contribute at the RSP site.
He’ll be writing weekly about college and pro players from the perspective of a talent evaluator. He’ll also co-host a monthly RSP Film Room where we’ll break-down quarterbacks for your viewing pleasure.
If you’re not familiar with Mark, check out the links above or, just wait and read what will be here within the next 2-3 weeks. You’ll soon understand why he’s a great fit (as many have below…)
— Rockpile Report (@RockpileReport) July 4, 2018
Mark is one of my fav follows. Super articulate and great takes. Good get Matt
— CryptoBookClub (@BillLatin) July 4, 2018
— Bik Nizzar (@BikNizzar) July 4, 2018
Waldman & Schofield together reminds me of pic.twitter.com/F9f2JnLabi
— Josh Ciaramita (@JoshCiaramita) July 4, 2018
— Robert Ban (@robert_ban) July 4, 2018
I have another announcement or two coming soon, but I’ll let you marinate on this for a bit.