Matt Waldman’s RSP joins the Devy Watch Podcast for a conversation about the top 2018 quarterback prospects and the complexities of scouting the position.
When Lawrence Chaney approached me to join him, Jason DiRienzo, and Cody Garrett for a conversation about the 2018 quarterback class I was excited to share what I have seen. I normally begin my quarterback scouting later in the year, but I’m ahead of schedule. It made for a fun hour of conversation:
- Why Sam Darnold would benefit from another year.
- Lamar Jackson is a top prospect and definitely not a wide receiver.
- Josh Rosen’s leadership skills are more about fit with traditional coaches with traditional leadership flaws.
- Why Mike Shanahan isn’t looking very good after Carson Wentz’s input with the Eagles’ offense.
- Luke Falk’s interceptions in context and how to view stats and film in a practice scouting perspective.
- Josh Allen’s falling stock and why he may still be viewed in higher regard than his performance indicates.
- Baker Mayfield, Johnny Manziel, the maturation process of gunslingers, and the Cleveland Browns.
Listen here, including news and notes about George Campbell, Debo Samuel, and John Kelly.
For analysis of skill players, get the Rookie Scouting Portfolio. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2017 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each.