Rookie Scouting Portfolio author Matt Waldman comes by for a 90-minute show on rookies and second-year players with Fantasy Football 24/7’s pod.
- The origins and design of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
- The three categories that quarterback skills can be grouped and the one that NFL underplays when scouting.
- The rookie quarterbacks who possess all three of these categories.
- A statistical view of the difficulty of making it in the NFL and how it applies to emotional intelligence as the differentiating factor.
- Leonard Fournette’s fit with the Jaguars.
- Dalvin Cook’s fit with the Vikings.
- Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor in Tennessee and why Davis should have a strong first year.
- Why Cooper Kupp is severely underrated and how his metrics match his tape.
- O.J. Howard will be a top-10 TE in the near future, but why he still has certain things to prove before that top-5 projection can be a reality.
- Why I’m a fan of Austin Hooper’s game.
Honestly, I can’t even remember all the things we talked about. It’s an episode chock full of good stories that tie points together about players, scouting, and the game overall.
For analysis of skill players in the 2017 draft class, download Matt Waldman’s 2017 Rookie Scouting Portfolio today! Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2017 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece.