The pre-order period for the 2017 RSP begins today through January 6 and the publication will have a new section that you’re going to love.
“Couldn’t offer this piece of work a higher endorsement. One of my favorite parts of the offseason.”
-Matt Harmon, NFL.com-Footballguys.com
“@MattWaldman’s Rookie Scouting Portfolio is unique and important. A must-read every year.”
-Doug Farrar, Bleacher Report via Twitter.
“The best thing I’ll buy all year…”
-Bob Harris, Hall of Fame Fantasy Writer
“The problem is that the RSP represents such an advantage, I can’t bear to tell my 22 year-old dynasty league owners about it.”
@Ikonoclast via Twitter
For those of you who are ready to pre-order your 2017 RSP, click this link and it will take you to the sales page where you can buy your login and password for the April 1 and May downloads of the 2017 RSP Draft Package. For additional details about what’s new, read below.
Beginning this year, the Rookie Scouting Portfolio (RSP) publication will include updated rankings of players from draft classes two years prior! Yes, it means what you think it does: You’ll not only read about the incoming prospects for 2017 at the QB, RB, WR, and TE positions, but you’ll also see my updated rankings on the 2015 and 2016 classes.
In addition to everything you normally receive with past RSPs, you’ll also get:
- Combined 2015-2017 rankings for added context of the current rookie class with a look at my original pre-draft view of each year for additional context (Pre-Draft).
- Trade value analysis for existing players and rookie draft picks (Post-Draft).
- Updated combined rankings of the 2015-2016 class with commentary on each (Post-Draft).
I’m not kidding. And I don’t kid around on April 1, the pre-draft publication’s release date every year since 2006.
This will come at a small price increase of two dollars. It means the normal price of the RSP will be $21.95 and the early-bird discount will be $19.95. Past publications will remain $9.95 apiece.
This should come as no surprise to my veteran readers. You’ve been telling me for years that I should charge more.
While I love knowing that the RSP has generated such value that its readers would be willing to pay at least double the price, I’ve been waiting a few years to make this modest increase so I could also deliver even more bang for the buck. The new rankings system I implemented a few years ago for the purpose of making today’s multi-year rankings announcement, that’s just what I have done.
Click this link to pre-order the 2017 RSP now. You’ll be taken to the sales page to buy your login/password for the 2017 publication.
For those of you new to the RSP, here’s what you’ll find included with the two-publication draft package:
Pre-Draft (Available for download April 1):
- Detailed player summaries of at least 150 skill position prospects for this class.
- Position-specific rankings and cheat sheets.
- Overrated, Underrated, and Projects
- Position-specific skills analysis with all players grouped into tiers.
- Position-specific chapters analyzing recent draft history.
- Position-specific grading checklists.
- Play-by-play analysis.
- Glossary of defined criteria used to grade the players.
Post-Draft (Available for download with the same login you used for the Pre-Draft one week after the NFL Draft):
- Analysis and commentary on depth charts, team fit, and each player’s long-term outlook.
- Rankings overall, by position, and tiered for fantasy drafts.
- Draft selection data for dynasty leagues, including ADP and my own value scores to help you use my rankings to maximize your draft value.
- Overrated/Underrated players.
- New: Updated combined Post-Draft Rankings of 2015-2017 classes.
Fantasy owners love the Post-Draft edition and I’m told every year that it’s worth the cost of what you pay for the entire RSP Draft Package.
But it’s the Pre-Draft publication that dynasty owners find useful for years. It’s not just about identifying the Odell Beckhams, LeVeon Bells, Russell Wilsons, and Matt Fortes of the NFL. Ask those who have benefited from a reference guide with a shelf-life of 3-5 years that gave them a leg up on the potential values of the Stefon Diggs, Spencer Wares, David Johnsons and Bilal Powells of the league.
New to the RSP?
- Find out why it has a dedicated following.
- How the RSP gives back to the community.
- Take a video tour of a previous RSP Package.
- Here’s an FAQ.
- Past issues (2006-2016 are available for $9.95)
Remember, pre-pay today through January 6 and the RSP and the post-draft is $19.95. From January 7 through March 31, you can still reserve your login and get one of the most comprehensive analysis of skill position players available for $21.95.
Even at $21.95, it’s like the Seahawks picking Russell Wilson in the third round – a steal. At $19.95? We’re talking Tom Brady . . .
Simple? Hopefully. If you need help, contact me at email@example.com. I can typically respond within 24 hours of your email.
What the draftnik community is saying about the RSP…
“I buy it. I read it. I use it and reference it in my own work. I trust Matt and his work and you should, too.”
-Mark Schofield, Inside the Pylon
“You should also know, that in fifteen years of playing fantasy football (I started in 1999 – Senior year of high school), I have never paid for fantasy football information. Not magazines. Not websites. Nothing. I read/listen to everything possible as I digest information and draw my own conclusions. I was apprehensive about ‘wasting’ twenty dollars. Thank you for the hours spent doing something you love. I appreciate it. Again, quality in-depth work. I would would pay double the price. Easily. Get some sleep.” – Josh Corbett
“Best value in the game in my opinion. Thorough, and one of the more interesting reads I’ve seen for Fantasy Football”
-Sean Tenerelli, @Phinphan54
“@Matt Waldman is one of my favorite draft analysts. You can, and should get his skill player draft guide . . .”
-Matt Miller, Bleacher Report.
@ love your breakdowns. Super great info and intelligent explanation on evaluation process.