Dear [2016 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Subscribers],
Thanks to your past donation, in the last year we’ve made tremendous strides in protecting more children from sexual abuse. 2016 is quickly coming to a close and we wanted to share with you the accomplishments we’ve made together. Generous donors like you have created a safer world for kids. We thank you!
- The Stewards of Children Prevention Toolkit Mobile App was released internationally in September. Ranked number one in the Parenting Category in Google Play’s U.S. app store, it is educating a much wider audience than ever before. Download for iPhone or Android.
- Free training and educator scholarships. Financial support allowed us to offer scholarships during 2016, including the training of nearly 20,000 educators.
- Take Two Minutes for Prevention is a short educational video and blog series which educates adults on child sexual abuse and provides prevention tips.
- A new training module, Child Abuse and Neglect, covers the wider issue of child abuse as well as mandatory reporting – an important step in protecting children.
- Volunteer Wins. So far in 2016, over 9,000 volunteer facilitators in every state collectively trained 118,477 adults in child sexual abuse prevention. That means thousands of adults across the country are better equipped to keep children safe.
- Survivor Stories. The voices of survivors are now being amplified through a recently launched blog series in which they share their personal stories of recovery.
- Talk About CSA. Strong prevention messages were delivered throughout the year with a featured campaign that encouraged people to #TALKABOUTCSA and break the silence that surrounds child sexual abuse. The campaign engaged a whole new audience of advocates including international Spanish speaking communities.
· Helpline and Text for Help. Donations allowed for enhancements to our 866-FOR-LIGHT helpline. They have made a huge difference with a major increase in activity including a tripling in the length of each call. It indicates that people are getting the help they need. In addition, we have added a “text for help” functionality that is highlighted in our new mobile app.
Thank you for all that you do to make the world safer for children, you really are a hero to kids.
Your Friends at Darkness to Light