4for4.com and Rushing Perspective Analyst Joe Holka joins the program for a look at Keith Marshall’s senior tape and pre-injury highlights.
Keith Marshall is generating positive buzz for his speed, strength, and maturity in training camp. He’s clearly the No.3 on Washington’s depth chart but a strong preseason could earn Marshall playing time.
Joe Holka studies running backs for a project called Rushing Expectation. Holka adopted some of Matt Harmon’s Reception Perception methods and applied them to running back play.
This film room episode features Marshall against Kentucky and pre-injury highlights as a freshman.
- Marshall has underrated agility for a one-cut runner thanks to footwork and flexible hips.
- The Kentucky tape reveals a back who has lost little, if any, speed or burst since his ACL tear as a sophomore.
- Marshall understands press-and-cut concepts as a zone runner and gets 1-2 yards from the line of scrimmage before making the cutback–a good sign for a college player.
- The UGA runner faced a lot of 8-man fronts and still found cutback lanes and positive yards.
- Marshall has good power that will translate to the next level.
For analysis of skill players in this year’s draft class, download the 2016 Rookie Scouting Portfolio – early-bird purchase for April 1 download available now. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2015 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece.