Freddie Hubbard, Cedric Peerman, Kingfishers, Factory of Sadness, and Distress of the Privileged
Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah: NPR Tiny Desk Concert
I love Christian Scott’s music.
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. On Fridays I post links to pieces that I’ve found personally compelling or to content I hope will scratch that itch, but I haven’t read yet.
As I’ve long said about this Friday feature, you may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
- Victorious: Support the documentary film being made on the D.C. Divas – They’ve raised over $10K with a goal of $40K.
- Cardale Jones and the Context of Confidence – David Igono has been profiling quarterbacks at the RSP blog this fall. The passion for the subject matter shows.
- Inside DraftKings’ war room as the fantasy sports battle rages – A Boston Globe feature I haven’t read yet, but caught my eye.
- The Bengals Cedric Peerman is a Kickoff Wrecking Ball– And could have been a better running back than the multitude of guys Cincinnati had prior to Gio Bernard and Jeremy Hill.
Views: RSP Boiler Room Video Short: WR Michael Thomas, Ohio State
If you haven’t checked out the RSP Boiler Room Vids, you’ll enjoy these short episodes packed with the goods.
Download the 2015 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2015 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond.
Here’s just a sample of what my readers–new and old–are saying about the 2015 RSP. (Get ready for “Squee!” “Dammit” and jaws dropping)
Take a video tour of the 2015 pre-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2015 RSP package alone, but you also get the post-draft addendum with your purchase of the RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past 10 years.
RSP Boiler Room No. 7: N.C. State QB Jacoby Brissett
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- Returning to the Factory of Sadness – My personal (and NSFW) horror story about being a football fan .
- Joel Stave and The NFL Redshirt – David Igono profiles the game of Wisconsin’s starting quarterback.
- Gut Check No.358 – Dynasty Mining – Well over a hundred players categorized in ways that owners think about with team-building.
- Gut Check No.357 – Waring Them Down – Why I believe Spencer Ware will remain fantasy-relevant after Charcandrick West’s return.
- Gut Check No.356 – Week 11 – Dynasties Part IV – TE Tiers
- Gut Check No.355 – Week 10 – Dynasties Part III – WR Tiers
- Gut Check No.354 – Week 9 – Dynasties Part II – RB Tiers
- Gut Check No.353: Week 8 – Dynasties Part I – QB Tiers
Reads (Life In General)
- The Distress of the Privileged – Having compassion for the privileged-in-distress while still giving justice to those who deserve it.
- How Mark Zuckerberg’s Altruism Helps Himself – Zuckerberg set up a limited liability company,which has reaped enormous benefits as public relations coup and will help minimize his tax bill.
- Pentagon Task Force: We Want Villas and Flat-Screen TVs in Afghanistan – Controversial task force spends $150 million on private housing in Afghanistan, including fancy meals and round-the-clock body guards.
- Teacher: A student told me I ‘couldn’t understand because I was a white lady.’ Here’s what she did.
- Rupert Murdoch Takes over National Geographic, Then Lays off Award-Winning Staff
- Birds Saved Centuries Old Documents In Their Nests – What researches found in bird’s nests in Zvenigorod Russia while restoring a cathedral.
- UGA Law School Alumnus Funds Nation’s First Child Sexual Abuse Victim Clinic – Designed to aid victims and train attorneys.
Listens/Views: Freddy Hubbard and Kenny Garrett in Koln, 1985