Sharona on Sports (@TheSharonaShow) joined me in the RSP Film room for a look at the Vols junior QB.
I’m surprised Sharona and I didn’t talk much about the the Titans, but we did have plenty to see with Dobbs against Oklahoma:
- Good intermediate ball placement.
- A willingness to climb the pocket.
- Strong anticipation on several routes.
- Skill to throw on the move and make big plays with his arm and legs.
- Courage to throw into pressure and play in muddy pockets.
- Smart decisions to avoid negative throws.
There’s a lot to like from the engineering student. He’s also still learning the game. With some highly regarded recruits arriving in Knoxville, I hope Dobbs stays in school and continues to work at the craft of the position, because the basic intelligence and craft of playing the position is there to build on.
For analysis of skill players in this year’s draft class, download the 2015 Rookie Scouting Portfolio – available now. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2015 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece.