Attention department store employees, sanity check in the re-draft department…sanity check in the re-draft.
Welcome to my in-season column. If you’re seeking strategic tips, match-up advice, game observations, IDP info, and dynasty advice with a little bit of current “football” events opinion (if anything involving the madness of the NFL commissioner’s office actually qualifies) added into the mix then you’ve come to the right place. Think of the in-season Gut Check column as a department store with a variety of areas:
- Futures (Rookies and College Prospects)
- Wild Side
How much attention each department earns depends on what I observe. If you missed the Week 1 tour, you can pay a visit down memory lane and before you check out Week 2.
RE-DRAFT: SANITY CHECK
The most challenging thing about the first three weeks of the season is discerning which events are a sign of things to come and which are fool’s gold. I’m dividing this basic diagnosis into four categories:
- True Positives: What you saw that was good in Week 1 is what you’ll get in the foreseeable future.
- False Positives: What you saw that was good in Week 1 is an illusion or rare confluence of positive circumstances.
- True Negatives: What you saw that was bad in Week 1 is what you’ll get in the foreseeable future.
- False Negatives: What you saw that was bad in Week 1 is an illusion or a rare confluence of positive circumstances.
You got it, I’m playing the fool in Week 1 trying to tell you how it’s gonna be.