More organ, risk analysis metric, crimes against fantasy, and master penmen.
Listens: Joey DeFrancesco & City Rhythm Orchestra…As Jene Bramel says, “More organ!”
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. On Fridays I post links to pieces that I’ve found personally compelling or to content I hope will scratch that itch, but I haven’t read yet.
As I’ve long said about this Friday feature, you may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
- Ryan Riddle’s 2015 Draft Prospect Risk Analysis Metric – The ultimate goal of this annual project is to bring together as many factors as possible that might correlate with a prospect’s career success.
- NFL Draft Profile: Alabama WR Amari Cooper – Mark Schofield’s well-done take of the Raiders rookie.
- Movie trailer for Concussion – The NFL convinced Sony to pull some of the teeth from the movie, but as part of my future cable lineup I’ll record it this spring.
- Emory Hunt’s Direct Snap Podcast – Episode 1, “Black QBs: The Toughest Job in Football,” is a no-holds bar conversation about biases regarding the position, the sport, and the media.
Views: RSP Film Room No.52: North Dakota St. QB Carson Wentz w/Mark Schofield from Inside the Pylon
One of the more instructive episodes I’ve done on quarterbacking from the standpoint of highlighting a player adjusting to mistakes but balancing caution and aggression in the biggest moments. Big thanks to Schofield for joining me.
Download the 2015 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2015 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond.
Here’s just a sample of what my readers–new and old–are saying about the 2015 RSP. (Get ready for “Squee!” “Dammit” and jaws dropping)
Take a video tour of the 2015 pre-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2015 RSP package alone, but you also get the post-draft addendum with your purchase of the RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past 10 years.
Views: Michaela DePrince, a ballet dancer and book subject “Taking Flight: From War Orphan to Star Ballerina”
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- Gut Check No.345: Crimes Against Fantasy
- Chris Harris Podcast– My first appearance with Chris as we tackle questions from his readers. Fun times.
- Sharona on Sports Podcast – Good times talking ball with Sharon and Robyn Mundy of the Bills Mafia.
- Football Education Podcast -Big thanks to Brandon Thorn, Zach Grasinger, and former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist for having me on the show.
- RSP Sample Evaluation: Lions RB Zach Zenner
- Updated PPR Tiers at Footballguys
- RSP Film Room No.51: Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg with Emory Hunt
- Advice on “Breaking into the Fantasy Football Biz” – A collection of tweets.
Reads (Life In General)
- Andy Roddick on Serena Williams – Some people don’t get it, some people are just getting it (a good bit actually), and others have always gotten it.
- Sea Level Rise Analysis by Climate Central – H/T to my friend Jason Wood.
- How the Federal Government Built White Suburbia – Federal housing policies didn’t just deny opportunities to black residents. They subsidized and safeguarded whites-only neighborhoods.
- Why Oliver Sacks was so remarkable, in 6 quotes – The author and neurologist was so much more than a bearded and bespectacled New York intellectual.
- What Undercover Videos Tell Us About Meat in America
Listens – Got Bass Chops?
This compilation of people around the world playing the electric bass is a blast. The wide range of personality, technique, and ideas in this video is an infectious listen.