Optimum Scouting’s Eric Galko drops by to grind tape of Kevin White, a high-rising senior receiver in more ways than one.
Eric Galko joins me in the RSP Film Room to watch West Virginia wide receiver Kevin White. Galko and I spend an hour sharing a variety of important points about wide receiver play as we study White’s performances against Alabama and Baylor:
- The importance of a receiver “knowing who he is.”
- Why steps in routes are important to timing, balance, and winning 50/50 balls.
- Where White does a good job of telling a story with his routes.
- A common error in White’s game during his initial release that can compound the advantage he gives to an opposing defender.
- What is the present definition of a “possession receiver” and why it differs from years past.
- Where do White’s current physical dimensions make him useful.
- Where can White improve his physical skills and where will it impact his overall game.
For a complete list of RSP Film Room episodes, check out this page.
For analysis of skill players in this year’s draft class, download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio – available now. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the 56-page Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2014 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece.
The 2015 RSP will be available for pre-order in January.