Prince and Tom Petty, Eric Galko and Kevin White, Bill James and Emory Hunt, and 100 greatest guitarists.
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Listens – Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, & Jeff Lynne: “Why My Guitar Gently Weeps”
RSP Film Room No.11 – Kevin White w/Eric Galko, Optimum Scouting
For a complete list of RSP Film Room episodes, check out this page.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- RSP Flashback: Cardinals RB Andre Ellington
- RSP Sample: Steelers WR Martavis Bryant
- Futures: FSU TE Nick O’Leary
- RSP Film Room No.10 – South Carolina OT Corey Robinson
- Futures: K-State WR Tyler Lockett
- Matt Bowen’s Week 10 NFL Film Study – Less X’s and O’s, more conclusions with commentary and .gifs. Either way, good stuff.
- Vanguard After The Revolution – Joe Posnaski’s piece on Bill James, who “sparked a baseball insurrection, but he has regrets about the world he wrought.”
- Emory Hunt’s Week 10 Preview: San Francisco vs. New Orleans
- Arian Foster: How to Properly Read a Block
- Emory Hunt’s Website Football Gameplan.com – Just get over there already, will ya?
Listens – The Saxophone Turned 200 Yesterday — A Fitting Happy Birthday Song
Reads (Life In General)
- Here’s Why Steve Jobs Didn’t Let His Kids Use iPads . . . I’m just the messenger for those of you addicted to technology.
- 100 Greatest Guitarists – Rolling Stone’s list. If you’re like me, you care less about the rankings and just want to listen to the folks on the list.
- How Thousands of Nazis were Rewarded With Life in the U.S. – History is never quite like it’s taught in school.
- Podcasts So Good You Want to Binge-Listen – I’ll have to check these out for my commute. I posted this link last week, but Serial is supposed to be good enough that it’s worth another week here.
- The Whiteness Project underscores why there is so little empathy between whites and blacks – One thing much of this project got dead right is that it’s a problem countrywide, not just the South.
- A Q&A with The Witness Project filmmaker – Whitney Dow on his “investigation of how Americans who identify as white experience their ethnicity, through a series of online video clips.”
- Death And The Missing Piece of Medical School – Atul Gawande asks in this book excerpt: Why are we not trained to cope with mortality?
- Texas Sees Surge of Disenfranchised Voters – Our political system might not be any worse than what happened during its first century of existence, but the fact it’s not much better (if at all better) isn’t a point of pride.
- The Luxury of Solitude – “There are people who have no idea what they would do with themselves if they had a little under two weeks with no commitments, a car, a duffel bag, and a series of motel reservations making a loop around New England with a spur up into Maine. I am not one of those people.” Neither am I Linda Holmes, neither am I.
- The Media’s Overreaction to Ebola is Sending a Chill Through My Coworkers at Doctors Without Borders – This story is a good reminder that reading critically and for depth (not skimming) is so important.
Views – How to Spot a Liar: The Language of Lying
Views – Good Points and Advice
Listens – Spanish Harlem Orchestra “Perla Morena”