RSP Film Room: Todd Gurley, Cecil Lammey, South Carolina tape? Doesn’t get much better.
Good friend Cecil Lammey of Footballguys and ESPN Radio Denver stops by the RSP Film Room to take a look at UGA RB Todd Gurley against South Carolina. Gurley is one of the top backs in this class and arguably the best every-down feature back prospect available. Points of discussion from this show include:
- Gurley’s foot-frequency and stride variation.
- Evidence of Gurley’s hip flexibility to change direction in awkward situations.
- When and why good pad level is important.
- Reading the context of a play to determine success/failure with pass protection.
- How running back play parallels musical improvisation.
- A few things Terrell Davis shared with Lammey about the difference between the average NFL running back and a special back.
For a complete list of RSP Film Room episodes, check out this page.
For analysis of skill players in this year’s draft class, download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio – available now. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the 56-page Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2014 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece.