Colossal Aquariums, Brady-Manning and Spot Passing, Secret Societies, Creativity and Buddhism, and RSP Post-Draft
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- RSO Writers League Draft – Round 1
- 5 Draft Strategies That Will Make You A Better Fantasy Owner
- Slippery: Falcons RB Devonta Freeman
- William Andrews Trucks Ronnie Lott and Lott Lives to Tell The Tale
- Vision Quest: The Artfulness of LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles – The difference between good and great vision is the difference between output and high art.
- 2014 Footballguys Fantasy Magazine App
- Turner’s Watchful Eye Has Vikings on Fast Track – The nuggets of analysis from Turner about quarterbacking in this piece are gold. It confirmed things I’ve seen and analyzed about quarterbacks in the RSP. I highly recommend reading.
- Minnesota Vikings OC: Teddy Bridgewater Should Have Been A Top 10 Pick – I thought this was a “Duh” statement. A lot of the online draft community did, too. Some might find out soon enough “denial” isn’t a river in Egypt.
- What Separates Green Bay’s Passing Attack – Former RSP contributor Nick Whalen has a blog. Check it out.
- Brady & Manning All-22: Spot Passing Concept – Simple reads in this Triangle Concept that was a staple in Bill Wash’s offense.
- Validity and reliability of GPS for measuring instantaneous velocity during acceleration, deceleration, and constant motion – Academic reading is generally for academics, but sometimes it bears fruit. Especially for consultants in fields that can help a firm (or football team) apply this research.
Reads (Life In General)
- 14 Fantastic Stories From The New Yorker Archive That You Should Read This Summer – Don Delillo, Jennifer Egan, Junot Diaz, Sam Lipsyte, Zadie Smith, Alice Munro, and Salman Rushdie among them.
- Questions about the Israel-Palestine Conflict You Were Afraid to Ask
- What We See in the Eric Garner Video, And What We Don’t
- Why Secret Societies Stay Hidden – Inside the surreal recruitment process of a legendary club—or something like it—at New York University.
- Anti-Surveillance Camouflage For Your Face – In a world of increasingly sophisticated facial-recognition technology, a drastic technique can throw the machines off your trail.
- Ohio State Fires Marching Band Director After Finding Tradition of Sexual Hazing – “One time at band camp . . .” takes on a whole new meaning and it’s not American Pie funny.
- The Blood Harvest – Each year, half a million horseshoe crabs are captured and bled alive to create an unparalleled biomedical technology.
- Young Scientists Say They’re Sexually Abused in The Field – “One time at science camp…”
- Matt Sandusky Shouldn’t Be Vilified For Telling His Side of The Story – “One time at football camp…”
Views – I’ve Been Wanting to See This For Awhile
Sarah Vaughan and Count Basie – One of the greatest voices ever with one of the best bands ever. How can you go wrong?