PPR Tiers, On the Couch, Vision Quest, Packaged Plays, Wrong Answer, Charlie Haden, Jan Garbarek, and RSP Post-Draft
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- On the Couch Podcast: Bloom and I talk about my PPR Tiers
- My PPR Tiers and Strategy at Footballguys
- Leaonard Fournette: Best High School RB in a Decade? – That’s what some say. I took a look.
- Vision Quest: The Artfulness of LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles – The difference between good and great vision is the difference between output and high art.
- No-Huddle Series: Packers Tight End Richard Rodgers
- 2014 Footballguys Fantasy Magazine App
- The First 100 Days – Chronicling Lovie Smith’s Transition of the Buccaneers. Looks like a massive read, but it has chapters to do a bit at a time.
- The One That Got Away – I lamented Jeff Samardzija’s decision to become a pro baseball player. So did some of the NFL.
- Lions All-22: Packaged Plays, How Stafford is Running the Option – Now think about Dwayne Harris and Cole Beasley in Dallas.
- I Am Sportswriter, Hear Me Roar – Being a woman in this business makes no difference. Except when it does.
- Cowboys Players Hilariously Read Mean Tweets About Themselves – Yes, it’s a worthless football piece information-wise, but clever and worth a watch.
Reads (Life In General)
- 7 Sauces That Taste Better Homemade – In case you’re grilling this weekend.
- 7 Predicted Obamacare Disasters That Never Happened –
- Why the Myers-Briggs Test is Total Meaningless – At least when it comes to predicting your life situation, job, or your marriage (I’m an INFP, how about you?).
- South African Anti-Apartheid Author, Nobel Winner Gordimer Dies – An artist near the frontlines of it all.
- The State of The American Dog – Esquire writer Tom Junod reflects on the pit bull and pit bull ownership.
- Wrong Answer – In an era of high-stakes testing, a struggling school made a shocking choice . . . Cheat.
- In the Papers: Prison, Prostitution and Unhappy Cities – H/T to Seth Gordon.
- Why Concerts Stopped Being Fun – Jack White was right. We spend too much time looking at our damn phones (Really? I dislike my phone. I look at it as little as possible) H/T – Joe Bryant.
Views – Warning: Not Fit for Some Socially Conservative Sensibilities
My wife would have totally done this if the situation called for it.
RIP Charlie Haden . . .