Wisdom of a fool, vodka-infused dip, the big room, RSPWP3, and RSP Post-Draft
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
A lesson that dawned on me at age 34 was one that Jim Carrey learned as a child.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- The Third Annual RSP Writers’ Project – Each participating writer plays the role of GM and responds to a hypothetical scenario modeled after real life NFL events.
- WR Size: Is It Valid Analysis? – This is a joint project with Chase Stuart.
- The Gut Check No.296 – Late-Round WR Watch
- The One Trade Advice Article That You Need to Read + Trade Value Chart – Need to figure out values for trading players, here’s a good way to begin.
- Bears RB Ka’Deem Carey: Substance Over Flash
- Does NFL Have Discipline Imbalance – Jim Trotter reports on the issue. Compelling points.
- Pain Is Just Part of the Game in the NFL – Vodka-infused Kodiak dip? Matt Bowen is always full of surprised.
- How *Not* to Become a Member of the Pro Football Writers of America – PFT Commenter gives you a play-by-play of how to play the fool.
- Mobile Quarterbacks and Injury Risk – Scott Kacsmar at Football Outsiders.
- Brought to you by the National Congress of American Indians.
- Seahawks Chatting with Former Bears MVP Dent for Tutoring
The shark appreciates the dude for freeing him from torture (shut up amateur marine biologists–sometimes common sense prevails).
Reads (Life In General)
- Hero Who Stopped Seattle Shooter Has His Wedding Registry And Honeymoon Paid for by Strangers – Good job Twitter.
- How to Recognize an Open-Carry Patriot – When the NRA denounces you for creepiness it’s time for a fine political cartoon.
- NASA Is Working On a Warp Drive Ship and the Pictures Are Amazing – It’s stuff like this that compels me to consider making a tinfoil hat and wonder just how long ago the aliens landed.
- Photo Gallery: What Inequality Looks Like – A trip around the world.
- Academic Study: White People Think One Black Person’s Success Proves Racism Is Over – Research from profs at Cal-Berkeley and University of Chicago. Teddy’d without further comment.
- Hackers: the Internet’s Immune System Keren Elazari explains why in a TED video.
- Black, Brown, and Beige – Duke Ellington’s music and race in America.
- When Men Are Raped A new study reveals that men are often the victims of sexual assault, and women are often the perpetrators.
Pair this bamboo flute with a large screen TV displaying images of a forest and I’m ready for some serious chillin’.
Arthur Doyle recently had a movie made about his life. His music pushes the envelope of my tastes, but for those of you into this exploration of “the big room,” enjoy the space.