Rene Marie, gubernatorial debate worth watching, 20 Surreal Places, and RSP Post-Draft Update.
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. May is normally a lighter month for me on the blog due to the short turnaround time for the RSP Post-Draft and the magazine schedule at my day job. Otherwise, I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Idaho’s gubernatorial debate with characters out of a movie–true and fantastic!
Post-Draft On the Couch w/Sigmund Bloom
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- A Trip to The Thrift Store – Gut Check No.292 takes a look at players I think are emerging, progressing, in crowded scenarios, and at a crossroads.
- Ka’Deem Carey Analysis – Coming Soon.
- Futures: My Expansion Franchise – I’ve just been awarded an NFL expansion team and must build my personnel department. Here’s how I departed from many in the NFL.
- The 2014 RSP Writers Project -Sometime after the draft, we’ll get this rolling.
- One-armed fullback to view for spot [in CFL] – Curtis Harmon can ball.
- Retired Stars File Suit Alleging NFL Doped Them Up Like Race Horses – Giddy-up! This story has legs and it’s not even at the first stretch on the track.
- Finding Comfort – Dan Pompei profiles the Vikings’ decision to pull the trigger on Teddy Bridgewater.
- The Post-Draft Bloom 100 – I always look forward to reading the pre-draft and post-draft Bloom 100. Great stuff.
- How to Project Receiving yards in 2014 – A Chase Stuart Footballguys article.
I just bought some photography from one of my readers, Adrian Landin. He and his girlfriend Ashlie are Dallas natives who have been nomads in Southeast Asia for some time now. They are selling their work at Etsy and its excellent work. If you seeking quality photography for your home or office and have affinity for landscapes, Southeast Asia, or quality work in general, head on over.
Reads (Life In General)
- 20 Surreal Places You Need to See to Believe – I’ve only visited two. I hope to see several more.
- The Racist Housing Policy That made Your Neighborhood
- What the Hell is South AFrican Food? Here are the 8 Dishes You Need to Know– Ryan Lownes, the Amagwinya Vetkoek needs to be on your bucket list.
- Hollywood Pedophile Parties: Symptom of a Rampant Disease Feeding on Innocent Children– Not an easy read, but an important one to understand this kind of stuff happens just around the corner. Even the less organized kind of crime is still prevalent–ask Pamela Anderson.
- Why Do People Persist in Beleiving Things That Just Aren’t True? – H/T to Jene Bramel.
- Slightly More Than 100 Fantastic Pieces of Journalism-In case you’re insatiable for quality reading this Memorial Day Weekend.
- The Chemistry Joke That Got a Student Suspended – “When the going gets tough, jus remember to [Ba]rium, [C]arbon, [K]Potassium, [Th]orium, [At] Astatine, [As] Arsenic, [S]ulfur, [U]ranium, [P]hosporus.” Seriously, Jonesboro, Georgia, our state has a lot more to address than an intelligent, but foolish, young woman using her brain. I wonder if I would have walked with some of the stunts I pulled–in 1988!!!