This week at RLV: Frahm, Kluwe, Farrar, Collard Greens, and Yemeni Blues.
Listens – This Is My Kind of Joint . . .
Views – The Most Spectacular Abandoned Places In The World
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. Every Friday, I post links to things I’m checking out when I’m online. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something. It’s also my chance to thank you for reading my work and encourage you to follow the RSP blog and buy the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
For those of you new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio, the publication is available every April 1. You can learn more about the RSP here. If you want to see samples of the play-by-play notes I take to write the analysis, you can find them here. And to download past versions of the publication (2006-2012), go here.
Remember, 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S. Here is what the RSP donated to D2L this year. According to D2L, the RSP’s 2013 donation amount was enough to train 250 adults in communities across the country. I will have an announcement about the 2014 RSP next week. Stay tuned.
In Case You Missed It/What’s Ahead at The RSP Blog
- Boiler Room: Ole Miss RB/KR Jeff Scott– A dynamic space player.
- Isaiah Crowell – Why he might be the most talented back in this `14 class and why talent isn’t everything.
- Futures: TE Jace Amaro
- Coming Soon: Discerning starter and superstar vision and agility in a running back.
- Coming Soon: RSPWP#1 – Looking back at the teams two years later.
- Coming Soon: No-Huddle Series – Cal TE Richard Rodgers
- Coming Soon: Senior Bowl Reports (late January) – I decided to apply for media credentials as the RSP rather than do joint work with other groups. You’ll find most of my takes and practice reports here.
- Whistle-Blower Edward Snowden Deserves Clemency, Says Major U.S. Newspapers
- In the Troubled Magazine World, ‘La Hulotte’ is One Rare Bird
- Quitting Wall Street to Tell A Prostitute’s Story – Some of them don’t have to quit to tell a John’s story . . .
If you are within 10 years of my age (43) you probably have seen Dominis’ photo of a leopard poised to kill a baboon in the sand, but didn’t know who it was that took it. Click the link above to see subject that span the range of everyone and everything. Incredible work.
Listens – This Is Also My Kind of Joint . . .
- Chris Kluwe’s Deadspin Article On The Vikings’ Alleged Intolerant Workplace Practices
- The All-22: Marvin Jones, Corey Liuget Among Hidden Gem’s For AFC’s Wildcard Teams – Want more of the lowdown on Jones? Go here for the gold mine.
- Watt to do, Watt to do – nominee for FSWA Fantasy Article of The Year