Another nice week here at the Rookie Scouting Portfolio. It helps that the NFL has a CBA agreement that lasts a decade with no opt-out clause. Special thanks to all of you who have subscribed to the blog or have made it part of your daily ritual. If you like what you’ve seen thus far, please consider these three acts of kindness:
- Subscribe to this blog. It’s free.
- Share this blog with your friends.
- Send me feedback.
As the college football season approaches, I’ll be posting more prospect analysis that you’ll likely see in the 2012 Rookie Scouting Portfolio, available here for purchase in the early spring.
Each Friday, I’ll be sharing what I’ve been reading, listening, and viewing each week – football, fantasy football, and non-football.
This week includes:
- Two stat-oriented, fantasy profiles from Bryan Fontaine on Tim Tebow and Ryan Mathews.
- Footballguy Sigmund Bloom’s always entertaining, jocular, and informative Buy Low/Sell High column.
- Rick Reilly covering an NFL agent’s day post-lockout – entertaining.
- More of Chris Brown’s treasure trove at Smart Football.
- Guitarist Kurt Rosenwinkel fronting an all-star quintet of musicians on a tune that sounds like something you’d hear if aliens kidnapped Thelonius Monk and transported him light years to an intergalactic blues joint.
Football (Or this week, on from Rick Reilly and a three-fer from Chris Brown’s Smart Football)
NFL back in business by Rick Reilly (A great sideline – or bar stool – report of one NFL agent’s day on the phone)
Throwing the fade route against press coverage by Chris Brown
How do you beat Cover 2 with trips? Let me count the ways by Chris Brown
Teaching a quarterback where to throw the ball by Chris Brown
Reading the Defense (Part 3-Free agency) by Jene Bramel, Footballguys.com
Dynasty Salvage Values by Jeff Tefertiller, Footballguys.com (with an assist idea-wise from Steve Wyremski)
Haboobs Stir Critics in Arizona by Marc Lacey (Arizona rivals my home state in the ignorance department – Love ya, Ga., but gotta call it like I see it.)
The Circular Ruins: Remembering Amy Winehouse by Jay Caspian Kang
Fast Break by Edward Hirsch
Leather Maiden by Joe R. Lansdale
Don’t You Even Care – Robert Cray
Here I Come – The Roots
Nu-Jive – Troy Roberts
Love Is Blindness – Cassandra Wilson
Free for All – Dave Holland Quintent