Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast debuts an ongoing podcast series with former NFL scout and CFL scouting director Russ Lande where they discuss specific evaluation topics and cover players who got their attention.
I’m pleased to announce Scout Talk with Russ Lande (@RussLande on Twitter)—a third podcast series in the RSP Cast family that I believe rounds out the type of football coverage we aspire to deliver at the Rookie Scouting Portfolio.
Russ is a former scout with the Rams and Browns and recently the scouting director for the Montreal Alouettes. For several years, Lande and his GM, Jr. team were responsible for the scouting reports for the Sporting News annual draft guide and NFL.com. Also, check out Russ’ site at russlande.com
Every other week, Russ and I will cover topics related to player evaluation and share players that have caught our eye. We had a blast covering a variety of topics:
- The value of good preparation as a scout that occurs before your watch or interview a player, coach, or team.
- The way good preparation can give the mind space to operate intuitively.
- What Russ and I learned from our evaluations of Brandon Weeden and Dak Prescott.
- Why Ohio State wide receiver Austin Mack and Iowa left tackle Tristan Wirfs caught Russ’s eye.
- Why LSU safety Grant Delpit and Liberty wide receiver Antonio Gandy-Golden caught mine.
- Where the Senior Bowl can help scouts determine a player’s emotional resilience and confidence–an important part of succeeding in a performance profession like football.
If you came to the RSP to learn more about scouting, player evaluation, and current prospects, you’re going to thoroughly enjoy this episode and the promise of episodes to come.
Let us know what you think!
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), pre-order the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for a discounted price of $19.95 during the early-bird period of Thursday, December 5th through Friday, December 27th.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is set aside until the RSP has reached its annual goal of donating $5,000 Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.