Matt Waldman’s RSP Boiler Room examines one successful play from the points of view of Alabama receivers Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy, 2020 NFL Draft prospects with an abundance of athletic, conceptual, and technical skill at the position.
We often miss important details about wide receiver play when that prospect doesn’t get the ball. This is also true when analyzing receivers after the catch.
This RSP Boiler Room reveals the valuable skills seen on a single play by Henry Ruggs III and Jerry Jeudy, two Alabama receivers who will earn strong draft grades for their on-field work:
- Pre-snap recognition of a blitz and the subsequent route adjustment.
- Open field movement to set up a successful block to seal the inside.
- Excellent hands and hips techniques to deliver an optimal punch.
- A technically-sound transition upfield after the catch.
- The incorporate of balance-touch technique to prolong a run.
- Uncommon hip mobility to cut left and right in succession without losing a lot of speed.
This single play is a treasure trove of valuable conceptual, technical, and physical skills that are must-haves for successful NFL receivers.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), pre-order the 2020 Rookie Scouting Portfolio for a discounted price of $19.95 during the early-bird period of Thursday, December 5th through Friday, December 27th.
If you’re a fantasy owner and interested in purchasing past publications for $9.95 each, the 2012-2019 RSPs also have a Post-Draft Add-on that’s included at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is set aside until the RSP has reached its annual goal of donating $5,000 Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse.